- The Grey Reef is at 500 CFS.
- The Miracle Mile is at 1830 CFS
- Fremont Canyon is at 75 CFS
Fishing has been good and the fish have been feeding more heavily on bugs. Eggs are still working, but midges and BWOs are starting to outproduce them.
Just a reminder, the Redds from cable to cable on the Grey Reef stretch are closed to fishing April 1st until April 31st due to the spawn.
Mayhem midges, RS2s and BWO nymphs have been fishing very well, and fish are still readily taking egg patterns and beads.
- Midges (Pal, MacGruber, Mayhem) #18-20
- RS2 #18-20 (chocolate, gray)
- Jujubee Midge #18-20
- Trout Beads (chartreuse, butterscotch, orange)
- Egg Patterns
- Rock Worm #14-18
- San Juan Worm
- Flashback Scud orange, olive, grey #12-14
- Split Case BWO #16-20
- Barr’s BWO emerger #16-20
Streamer fishing has been slow, but those who are putting in the time have caught some nice fish.
- Rusty Trombone #4-8
- Articulated Goldie #4
- Articulated Ditch Witch Tan
- Bob’s Silver Bugger
Here at the Ugly Bug we are excited to be your go to fly shop and guide service in Casper, Wyoming, We have lots of availability for guided trips and lodging. Not to mention our online shopping is easy and fast with free shipping on all orders over $50.00 dollars.
Got some fish pics you would like to share? Shoot them to us in an email to email@example.com!
THE UGLY BUG CREW!
Fly fishing quote of the week:
” The greatest enemy of ‘good’ is ‘better’. “