FISHING REPORT 08/21/2018
- The Grey Reef is at 1,200 CFS.
- The Miracle Mile is at 780 CFS
- Fremont Canyon is AT 80 CFS
The cooler weather we have been experiencing in Casper has improved fishing. Anglers can still expect to see tricos, hoppers, PMD’s and caddis. Streamers have also been taking a few fish with several anglers reporting great days stripping streamers.
Fishing has been productive with PMD, CADDIS, MIDGE, and TRICO patterns. Rigs (3-5 feet) having been working well with a B-AB weight.
- Midges (Pal, McGrubber, Mayhem) Size 18-20
- BH Crystal PMD Size 16-18
- Tail Water Tiny Size (20)
- McGruber PMD (18-20)
- Mitchells Split Case PMD (18-20)
- Rusty Trombone Size 4-8
- Articulated Goldie Size Size 4
- Articulated Ditch Witch Tan
- Bob’s Silver Bugger
Here at the Ugly Bug we are excited to be your go to fly shop and guide service in Casper, Wyoming, We have lots of availability for guided trips and lodging. Nonline shopping is easy and fast with free shipping on all orders over $50.00 dollars.
We also have some availability in our lodge and river cabin for the month of august and September. Please call with any questions and we will see you on the river!
THE UGLY BUG CREW!
Quote of the week.
” Angling is extremely time consuming. That’s sort of the whole point.”