Fishing Report 05/17/2018
- Over the last two days the Bureau of Reclamation has increased the flows on Grey Reef to 2,500 CFS.
- The Miracle Mile has been risen too 2700 CFS.
- Fremont Canyon is holding steady at 75 CFS
- Click on the link at the very bottom of this post for the Bureau of Reclamation’s full snow melt forecast.
As we casualty stroll into the great month of may with oars in our hands and fish in the boat, we want to thank everyone for a great start to a great season. This week has brought warmer temps and solid thunder storms. The river has gone up another 500 cfs and the guides are loving it. We have transitioned into a smaller bug more technical fishery as we work our way into the warmer months and higher water. We are also blowing out a bunch of retail from our Ugly Bug Fly Shop. We are offering another 10% off our already heavily discounted items to blow them out. We are talking 50%-70% people come into the shop and take advantage of these deals. We will have them on the website as well as an Ebay store. So get them while you can. See below for pictures of on sale items.
Fishing has been productive with BWO, Beatis, Midge, and Annelid patterns. Rigs (6.5-7 feet) having been working well with a B,BB, and AB weight.
- Midges (Pal, McGrubber, Mayhem) Size 18-20
- Annelids (Purple, Red) Size 16
- Barr’s Emerger Size 18
- Tail Water Tiny Size (20)
- Split Case Bwo Size (18-20)
- JuJu beatis Size (18-20)
- Rusty Trombone Size 4-8
- Articulated Goldie Size Size 4
- Articulated Ditch Witch Tan
Here at the Ugly Bug we are excited to kick this season off and to be your go to fly shop and guide service in Casper, Wyoming, We have lots of availability for guided trips and lodging. Not to mention our online shopping is easy and fast with free shipping on all orders over $50.00 dollars. Thanks again and Tight Line