Fishing Report 05/04/2018
- Over the last two days the Bureau of Reclamation has increased the flows on Grey Reef to 2,000 CFS.
- The Miracle Mile has been risen too 2700 CFS.
- Fremont Canyon is holding steady at 75 CFS
- Click on the link at the very bottom of this post for the Bureau of Reclamation’s full snow melt forecast.
May is here and with it comes great weather and good fishing. We have not yet received our normal April rain showers, but I’m sure they are on the way. Things on the river have been getting buggier and buggier everyday. Switching from your rockworm, leech, and egg rig too some beatis, bwo, and midge patterns may reward you. The weather for the weekend looks beautiful sun will be out in force. Its about that time to stop into the shop and stock up on sun protection.
Fishing has been productive with Leeches, Annelids, Midges, Beatis, and Bwo. Rigs (6-6.5 feet) having been working well with a B or BB weight.
- Leeches (Brown, and Natural) Size 10
- Midges (Pal, and McGrubber) Size 18
- Eggs (Green, and Red Glo-Bug) Size 16
- Annelids (Purple) Size 14
- Barr’s Emerger Size 18
- Tail Water Tiny Size (20)
- Split Case Bwo Size (18)
- JuJu beatis Size (18)
- Rusty Trombone Size 4
- Articulated Goldie Size Size 4
- Articulated Ditch Witch Tan
Here at the Ugly Bug we are excited to kick this season off and to be your go to fly shop and guide service in Casper, Wyoming, We have lots of availability for guided trips and lodging. Not to mention our online shopping is easy and fast with free shipping on all orders over $50.00 dollars. Thanks again and Tight Line